Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1kg nicola potatoes (or Dutch creams or desiree), peeled
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 60g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tspn fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Preheat a fan forced oven to 180 C.
Cut the potatoes into halves or quarters, depending on how large they are.
Place in a small, deep baking or casserole dish so that they all fit snugly, but will be submerged by the stock.
Add the stock, bay leaves, butter and oil, along with a pinch or two of sea salt. Bake potatoes, uncovered, for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until tender. Gently baste with the cooking liquid every now and again.
When the potatoes are tender, remove from the oven, sprinkle with thyme, parsley and lemon juice and serve.