Makes 50 biscuits
- (190g) 1 cup medium soft brown sugar
- (230g) 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla bean extract
- 2 large free range eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 3 cups wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips (70% chocolate chips)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat the oven to 175C, grease and line 3 oven trays with parchment paper.
In an electric mixer, cream the sugar, butter, coconut oil and vanilla on high, until fluffy, light and aerated.
Add the egg one at a time, beat well.
Fold in the combined baking powder, sea salt, flour and choc chips, bring together by turning the machine onto low speed and mixing until a smooth dough is formed.
Roll the mix into 25g balls, press down slightly and place onto the oven trays, distance evenly apart.
Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden and cooked, remove from the oven and place on a cooling wire.